2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), divided (1/3 cup for the egg yolk and sugar mixture + 1/3 cup for the egg white and sugar mixture)
All purpose flour
3 1⁄4 Cup (52 tbs)
Low fat egg white
4 Tablespoon (2 tablespoon for greasing the pan + 2 tablespoon for the parchment paper)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Grease a jelly roll pan with butter, lay a parchment paper over the greased pan and add some melted butter over it.
3. Take the eggs one at a time, crack and separate the yolk from the whites. Set aside the yolks and the whites.
4. In a large bowl, add the egg yolks and mix it with ½ cup of sugar and using a hand blender mix for 10 minutes along with the salt until it is 3 times in volume.
5. Gently fold in the sifted flour into the egg mixture in batches and keep aside.
6. In another bowl, beat the egg white with sugar until stiff peaks form.
7. Gently fold in the egg white mixture into the egg yolk mixture in batches as shown in the video.
8. Spread this batter evenly onto the greased rolling pan and bake it in the oven for 8 - 10 minutes.
9. Transfer the baked cake onto a dish towel. Gently roll this towel completely and allow it to cool.
10. Once cooled re-open the cake roll and spread the jelly on it.
11. Carefully roll back the roll and with the help of a knife cut even slices of the roll.
12. Serve the jelly roll pastry with a little extra jelly topping or powdered sugar.