This easy and elegant appetizer melts in your mouth...Asparagus, Prosciutto, Garlic, Parmesan and Pastry in every bite!
17 Ounce (1 package)
36 Medium (fresh)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated
1. Preheat the oven at 400 degrees and trim woody ends and lightly steam asparagus spears.
2. Put spears immediately on ice to stop cooking process.
3. Melt butter with chopped garlic approximately for 15 seconds.
4. Cut prosciutto strips into thirds to create 2x2 squares.
5. Cut pastry sheets into squares (9 equal squares per sheet)
6. Baste one side of pastry square with garlic butter.
7. Lay one piece of prosciutto on buttered pastry square.
8. Lay two asparagus spears diagonally over prosciutto.
9. Season lightly with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
10. Add a teaspoon or so of shredded Parmesan or Asiago cheese
11. Wrap puffed pastry square firmly around asparagus and prosciutto beginning with outer corner.
12. Asparagus should extend outside of the wrap as shown.
13. Place wraps with overlapping ends facing down on a cookie sheet covered in foil or parchment.
14. Bake in hot oven (400 degrees) for 15-20 minutes until golden crisp on the outside and cooked through on the inside.
15. Serve immediately or at room temperature.