Pineapple Pastry With Microwave Eggless Sponge Cake
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, softened|
|Cream cheese||2 Tablespoon, softened|
|Sugar||8 Tablespoon (1/2 cup)|
|Milk||12 Tablespoon (3/4 cup)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whipped topping||8 Ounce (Cool Whip)|
|Pineapple slices||1 Can (10 oz)|
1. Grease an 8X8-inch microwave safe baking dish.
2. Combine the butter and cream cheese in a mixing bowl.
3. To that add sugar and beat or whisk well until it is light and fluffy.
4. Gradually add warm milk, while whisking constantly, to make a smooth batter.
5. Now stir in the vanilla extract and mix well.
6. Sieve the flour, along with baking powder and baking soda, into creamed mixture.
7. Mix thoroughly but lightly, using a spatula to keep the batter light and airy.
8. Pour the mixture in to greased microwave safe dish.
9. Microwave over high power for 4 minutes.
10. After cake is done allow it to cool down for 10 minutes.
11. Then transfer onto a cooling rack and let cool completely.
12. After cake cools down, slice horizontally from the center, dividing it into two equally thick sponge layers.
13. Place one of the sponge sheet on a pastry stand and sprinkle the pineapple juice from the can over it to moisten the cake.
14. Apply a layer of cool whip cream over it.
15. Arrange a few slices of pineapple over the cream layer.
16. Now place the second sponge sheet on the top and lightly press down to sandwich.
17. Now cover the whole cake with cool whip.
18. Decorate the top with pineapple pieces and some maraschino cherries if you like.
19. Let the pastry chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve
20. Slice the pineapple pastry it into wedges or pieces and serve.
Make sure to use butter and cream cheese at room temperature.
Be sure to use warm milk.
Power setting for each microwave varies, so be sure to adjust cooking time as per your own judgment.