Unique cookery system tried and tested by the author over many years. Easy, economical and nutritious cooking which converts easily to ready meals.
Canned chunky steak
200 Gram, chopped finely
Baby new potatoes
375 Gram, cut into quarters lengthwise and then sliced and chopped
100 Gram, finely chopped
Salt and pepper
1 , beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 400F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
3. In a large bowl, place potato, onion and the steak meat. Season with salt and pepper, mix well.
4. On a floured surface, cut the quick pastry into six equal portions.
5. Using a rolling pin, roll of the portions into 8 inch circles, brush the edges with egg.
6. Fill each circle with 1/6th of the prepared mixture, fold into half and pinch the edges together. Make crimps as shown in the video.
7. Place the pastries on the prepared baking sheet and brush with egg.
8. Bake at 400F for about 25 minutes. When half way through, brush again with egg.
Here is a traditional recipe with a shortcut for busy people who are strapped for time. This recipe is probably the easiest and most convenient way to make the classic English pasties when time is scarce. They make a hearty lunch for work or great snacks for a picnic or party! This method of using canned cooked steak is a cheaters way but who said cheaters can’t be winners?
Once A Week Kitchen - How To Make Pasties For Cheats Recipe Video