|Plain flour||8 Ounce|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Pinch (A Good Pinch)|
|Cold water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (To Mix)|
|Lemon juice||2 Drop|
1. Preheat oven at 475-500ºF or Gas Mark 8-9.
2. In a bowl, mix flour and salt together. Sieve it.
3. Add cold water and lemon juice to it and roll it into oblong shaped dough.
4. Shape the fat into a neat block and place it in the centre of the pastry. Wrap it with the pastry flour in such a way that fat gets completely covered.
5. Make dough by sealing edges and rib carefully. Roll it out carefully.
6. Fold the dough into an envelope. Turn it and seal the edges, rib and roll again.
7. Repeat 5 times and keep it aside in a cool place once or twice between rollings so that it does not become sticky and soft. In all make 7 rollings and 7 foldings.
8. Keep it aside in a cool place before rolling it for the last time before baking.
9. Bake in a very hot oven initially for 10-15 minutes at 475-500ºF or Gas Mark 8-9 then lower to Gas Mark 5-6, or re-set electric oven to 400°F for another 10 minutes or until done.
10. If the pastry puff rises up to 4 to 5 times its original thickness, it is well-made.
11. You can serve Puff Pastry after brushing with butter and topped with Parmesan cheese and garlic.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2872 Calories from Fat 2068
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 230 g353.2%
Saturated Fat 68.5 g342.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 192.8 mg64.3%
Sodium 393.3 mg16.4%
Total Carbohydrates 182 g60.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.8%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 13 g27%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.06%
Calcium 3% Iron 4.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet