Basic Pastry for Two
|Plain flour||8 Ounce (225 g)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Ounce, cut in cubes (50 g)|
|Lard||2 Ounce, cut in cubes (50 g)|
|Chilled water||3 Tablespoon|
1) In to a bowl, sift the flour and salt together.
2) Rub in the butter or margarine and the lard with your fingertips until the mixture resembles grainy.
3) Sprinkle in chilled water evenly over the surface
4) Stir continuously until the mixture begins to come together in large ball.
5) Using one hand, bring the mixture together to form a ball.
6) Lightly knead the dough for a few seconds to give firm, smooth dough. Do not over-handle.
7) Wrap the pastry in foil and allow to rest for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
8) When ready, lightly dust the working surface with flour and also on the rolling pin.
9) Roll out the dough evenly in one direction only, turning occasionally to a thickness of about 3 mm.
10) Bake in the moderate hot oven until lightly browned on the surface.
11) Use as desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1748 Calories from Fat 943
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 106 g162.9%
Saturated Fat 52.2 g261.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 175.8 mg58.6%
Sodium 262 mg10.9%
Total Carbohydrates 182 g60.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.8%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 14 g28%
Vitamin A 28.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 3.6% Iron 4.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet