|Short crust pastry||10 Ounce|
|Uncooked rump steak/Good-quality stewing steak||6 Ounce|
|Potatoes/Equivalent small potatoes||2 Medium|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Stock/Gravy / water flavored with a little yeast extract||3 Tablespoon|
|Milk/Lightly beaten egg||1 Fluid Ounce (For Glaze)|
1) Preheat the oven to 450F.
2) To make the pastry, roll out the short crust pastry into 1/4-inch thick. Cut out four rounds from the dough, about the size of large tea plates.
3) Slice the steak into little bits.
4) In a medium mixing bowl, add in the pieces of meat, onion and potato dices. Also, add in salt, pepper and dry mustard. Mix thoroughly.
5) Take the four pastry rounds and pile equal quantities of the meat mixture in their centres,
6) Using a pastry brush, spread the stock or grovy over the mixture.
7) Wet the edges of the pastry with a little water. Fold the pastry, sealing the edges together firmly.
8) Arrange the pasties on a greased baking tray.
9) Brush the top of the pasties lightly with beaten egg or a little milk. This will give the pasties a glaze.
10) Bake the pasties in the central rack of the oven for 25 minutes.
11) Turn down the oven temperature to 375F and continue to bake for another 25 to 35 minutes or until the meat inside has cooked through.
12) Serve the Cornish Pasties hot with hot and spicy chilly sauce on the side.
Calories 158 Calories from Fat 39
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.8%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g8.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.57 mg0.19%
Sodium 85.3 mg3.6%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.7%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 11 g22%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 25.4%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 3.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet