|Vegetable shortening||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), softened|
|All-purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ice water||2 Tablespoon|
1) Blend the shortening and butter.
2) Sift the flours and salt together.
3) Cut in the shortening mix into the flour mix.
4) Add ice water till the mix can be formed into a ball.
5) Divide the dough into 4 portions and wrap in wax paper.
6) Chill for 1 hour before rolling into crusts.
7) Bake and use as a base for pies.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3104 Calories from Fat 1778
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 202 g310.4%
Saturated Fat 73.4 g366.8%
Trans Fat 18 g
Cholesterol 161.3 mg53.8%
Sodium 1962 mg81.8%
Total Carbohydrates 286 g95.2%
Dietary Fiber 16.4 g65.5%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 42 g83.6%
Vitamin A 37.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 9% Iron 95.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet