|Vegetable shortening||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), softened|
|All-purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ice water||2 Tablespoon|
1) Blend the shortening and butter.
2) Sift the flours and salt together.
3) Cut in the shortening mix into the flour mix.
4) Add ice water till the mix can be formed into a ball.
5) Divide the dough into 4 portions and wrap in wax paper.
6) Chill for 1 hour before rolling into crusts.
7) Bake and use as a base for pies.