Vegan Wholemeal Pastry
|Vegan margarine||2 Ounce (55 gram)|
|White fat||2 Ounce (55 gram)|
|Wholemeal flour||1⁄2 Pound (225 gram)|
|Cold water||4 Tablespoon (adjust quantity as needed)|
1. Sieve the wholemeal flour.
2. Add a little salt.
3. Rub in the fats such that the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
4. Add water, slowly mixing first with a knife. Knead lightly to prepare stiff dough.
5. Cover it with a cloth and refrigerate it.
6. Remove from the refrigerator when required.
7. Serve Vegan Wholemeal Pastry with pies.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1685 Calories from Fat 951
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 106 g163.7%
Saturated Fat 31 g155.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 53.9 mg18%
Sodium 417.2 mg17.4%
Total Carbohydrates 165 g55%
Dietary Fiber 27.7 g110.7%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 31 g62.4%
Vitamin A 41% Vitamin C 0.09%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 48.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet