Tomato Puff Pastry
|Frozen puff pastry sheet||1|
|Ready made pesto||2 Tablespoon|
|Sun dried tomatoes||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), chopped|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried mixed herbs||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated mozzarella cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (for dusting and rolling)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 200 C (400 F).
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine sun dried tomatoes, herbs and oil. Mix well and keep aside.
3. On a floured surface, place puff pastry and roll lightly.
4. Keeping ½ inch borders free from all ends, spread pesto uniformly.
5. Top with sun dried tomatoes and cheese and cut pastry into ½ inch strips diagonally around the sides of the filling.
6. Fold pastry at either ends, brush edges with water and braid. Place on baking tray lined with silpat.
7. Apply egg wash, top with sesame seeds and bake in pre heated oven for 30 minutes or till pastry is crisp.
8. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool.
9. Serve hot on presentation platter.