Whole Wheat Pastry Shell
|Whole wheat pastry flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Elam's 100%)|
|Shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), soft|
|Cold water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (As Required)|
1. In a bowl, mix flour and salt.
2. Add shortening and using a pastry blender cut shortening into the dry ingredients until the mixture looks like coarse crumbs.
3. Gradually add few drops of water and using a fork quickly stir before the next addition.
4. Add water just enough to hold the mixture into a ball.
5. Divide the dough into two equal halves for double crust pies.
6. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough balls with a rolling pin.
7. Use Whole Wheat Pastry Shell for making delicious and healthy pies.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 844 Calories from Fat 615
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 69 g106.8%
Saturated Fat 17.1 g85.4%
Trans Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 974.9 mg40.6%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.7%
Dietary Fiber 8.7 g34.9%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 7 g13.1%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 4.7% Iron 12.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet