|Frozen puff pastry||1⁄2 Pound, thawed at room temperature for about 30 minutes|
|Egg white||1 , lightly beaten|
|Red jam||1 Tablespoon|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint, lightly whipped|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 425 degrees.
2) On a floured surface, roll out the dough thinly. Cut it into long strips about ½-inch wide.
3) Wrap the dough strips around metal cornet-shaped molds. With water, moisten the dough-'s edges.
4) Brush with the egg white. Sprinkle with sugar.
5) On baking sheets, place the horns.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, till the pastry is golden in color and well risen. After 7 minutes of baking, turn the horns over. Do not let the sugar become too brown.
7) Move the horns to a wire rack and let them cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Unmold.
8) If you wish to freeze the horns, flash freeze them till firm and then carefully pack them in a rigid container. Separate each layer with foil. Seal, label and store in the freezer.
9) To serve the horns without freezing, place them on a decorative serving platter, fill with jam and whipped cream and serve at room temperature or slightly chilled. If using frozen horns, first thaw them at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours and then fill with whipped cream and jam. These make an excellent sweet snack
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1975 Calories from Fat 1324
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 147 g226.3%
Saturated Fat 21.9 g109.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 617.7 mg25.7%
Total Carbohydrates 143 g47.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.3%
Sugars 37.5 g
Protein 22 g43.2%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 2.2%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 32.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet