Cheese Pastry Boats
|Flour||4 Ounce (100 gram)|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 gram)|
|Cheese||2 Ounce, finely grated (50 gram)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Paprika pepper||1 Pinch|
|Mustard powder||1 Pinch|
|Water||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoons)|
1) Heat the oven to (190°C/375°F or Gas Mark 5).
2) In a bowl, sift the flour, add the butter in pieces and rub into the flour until the mixture is crumbly
3) Add the cheeses and seasonings, then mix in the egg yolk and enough water to make smooth and stiff dough.
4) On afloured surface, roll out the dough.
5) Line 18 barquettes (boat-shaped moulds) with the dough.
6) Bake in a preheated moderately hot oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden.
7) Remove the moulds and cool the pastry quickly on a wire rack.
8) Keep the pastries in freezer without covering.
9) Take out the pastries from the freezer and in a rigid container pack thm in layers with each layer of pastries seperated with a foil sheet.
10) Seal the container, label it and again place in the freezer.
11) On a serving platter, place the frozen pastries.
12) Let them thaw at room temperature for around 2 hours and serve.
13) Fill the pastries with a savoury filling of your choice.