Caramel Walnut Slices
|Butter||4 Ounce, softened|
|Soft brown sugar||4 Ounce|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Self raising flour||4 Ounce|
|Chopped walnuts||2 Ounce|
|Cooking apple||1 , peeled, cored and diced|
|Apricot jam||3 Ounce, warmed|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Grease 1 Swiss roll tin of 11x7-inches. Line it with non-stick parchment or greased greaseproof paper. The lining paper should come ½ inch above the sides.
3) In a bowl, put the sugar and butter. Beat well together till the mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, a little at a time.
4) Into a mixture, fold the flour and then add ¼ cup walnuts and the diced apple. Stir well.
5) Into the prepared tin, spoon the mixture.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or till the cake is well risen and golden in color.
7) Turn the cake out onto a wire rack and take off the paper lining.
8) With warm apricot jam, brush the top of cake. Scatter the remaining walnuts all over.
9) Let the cake cool and then cut it into 16 slices.
10) If you wish to freeze the slices for future use, first flash freeze them and then pack in a rigid container. Use foil to separate each layer. Seal, label and store in the freezer.
11) If you wish to serve the walnut slices without freezing them, arrange them on a decorative serving plate and serve at room temperature or slightly chilled. If using frozen slices, first thaw them for about 2 hours at room temperature. The slices make an excellent dessert.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2473 Calories from Fat 1249
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 141 g217.3%
Saturated Fat 64.6 g322.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 666.8 mg222.3%
Sodium 1594.3 mg66.4%
Total Carbohydrates 280 g93.5%
Dietary Fiber 12.7 g50.6%
Sugars 181.1 g
Protein 35 g70.3%
Vitamin A 68% Vitamin C 11.5%
Calcium 51.3% Iron 51.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet