Basic Choux Pastry
|Water||1⁄4 Pint (5 Fluid Ounce)|
|Plain flour||2 1⁄2 Ounce, sifted|
1) In a large pan, add water and fat and allow to boil.
2) Turn off heat and keep aside till bubbles subside.
3) Pour in all the flour at one time and briskly stir till mix is smooth.
4) When cool for 5 minutes, beat in eggs one at a time. If using large eggs, then break the last one in a separate bowl and beat with a fork. Slowly add only the desired amount to the flour mixture.
5) Beat well for about 3 minutes till the mix appears glossy.
6) A basic choux pastry is baked in a hot oven on a rising temperature that is baked for 10 minutes at 400°F or Mark 6, the cooking is completed at 425°F or Mark 7 as per the required time of the recipe.
7) Serve as desired.