Meat Stuffed Pastries
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Minced onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground beef||1⁄2 Pound|
|Tomato||1 , chopped|
|Indian curry powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried chili peppers||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Sifted flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Butter||3 Tablespoon, melted|
|Yoghurt||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
1) In a bowl, sift the flour and salt together.
2) Stir in the butter and yoghurt, knead gently into a dough;
cover and allow to stand for 30 minutes.
3) In a skillet, saute the garlic and onions in the butter for 5 minutes.
4) Stir in the meat and cook over a high heat, stirring frequently, until browned.
5) Stir in the tomato, salt, curry powder, chili peppers, and parsley, cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
6) Drain off the liquid in the skillet, adjust the seasoning, if required and allow to cool.
7) Roll out the dough thinly and cut into 4-inch squares.
8) Place a heaped teaspoon of the filling on each square, fold over into triangles and seal the edges with cold water.
9) In a deep skillet, heat the fat to 375°F and fry the stuffed pastries in batches, until browned.
10) Remove on kitchen towels and keep hot while frying the rest.
11) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6379 Calories from Fat 4969
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 553 g851%
Saturated Fat 189.8 g948.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 693.2 mg231.1%
Sodium 2169 mg90.4%
Total Carbohydrates 267 g88.9%
Dietary Fiber 13.1 g52.6%
Sugars 8.2 g
Protein 68 g135.3%
Vitamin A 91% Vitamin C 65.7%
Calcium 25.7% Iron 100.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet