Truffle Consomme With Puff Pastry
|Double veal consomme/Beef consomme||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Black truffles||2 Ounce, cleaned, chopped|
|Dry sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Puff pastry||1 Pound|
1) Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2) In a saucepan, add consomme, truffles and sherry. Bring to a simmer on low flame.
3) Pour the consumme into 4 oven-safe bowls.
4) Take the ouff pastry sheet and roll out to get a 1/8-inch thick sheet. Cut 4 circles of 6-inch size from the dough and place over the cups, securing the edges.
6) Make a small slit on the pastry sheet cover with the tip of a knife.
7) In a small bowl, beat egg yolks and salt. Brush this over the pastry sheets on all the four cups.
8) Bake for about 20 minutes.
9) Serve the Truffle Consomme With Puff Pastry hot out of the oven.
10) Serve toasted bread on the side, if desired.