Creamed Chicken In Puff Pastry
|Puff pastry||8 , frozen|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|All-purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken||12 Ounce, grilled|
|Peas||1 Cup (16 tbs), frozen|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
1. Preheat the oven.
2. Cut the chicken into 1/2 inch dice (about 3 cups).
3. Bake the puff pastry shells as per the package instructions.
4. Trim 1/4 inch off the bottom of the mushroom stems, wipe the mushrooms clean with a damp paper towel and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
5. In a large saucepan heat the butter and oil over medium heat and saute the garlic for a few seconds, until the aroma wafts up.
6. Then add the mushrooms and cook over medium-high heat stirring frequently, until they begin to release their juices, about 3 minutes.
7. With a wooden spoon stir adding flour for about 1 minute until the mushrooms look dry and begin to stick to the bottom of the pan.
8. Add the milk, whisk vigorously and when the mixture is thick, add the broth and Madeira.
9. Simmer uncovered over low heat for about 5 minutes.
10. Add the cut chicken dices to the sauce along with the peas and simmer until the puff pastry shells are done, about 5 minutes more.
11. Season carefully with salt and a pinch of cayenne.
12. From the oven remove the puff pastry shells and set aside for 1 minute to cool.
13. Removing the tops of the pastry shells, place 2 shells on each of the serving plates.
14. In and around each shell spoon some filling, place the pastry tops back onto each shell and serve immediately.