Herbed Cheese And Chicken In Puff Pastry
|Garlic||20 Clove (100 gm)|
|Chicken broth||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Bacon slices||9 , fried|
|Cream cheese||5 Ounce|
|Tarragon||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Frozen puff pastry patty shells||6 , thawed|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
1) Drop the garlic cloves into boiling water for a minute. Drain and peel.
2) Preaheat the oven to 400 degrees.
3) In a saucepan, add chicken thighs, chicken broth and peeled garlic cloves. Allow to boil over low flame for 30 minutes.
4) Drain the broth and keep aside. Skin and bone the chicken pieces and stuff the bacon slices into the cavity left behind by the bones.
5) In a blender, add cooked garlic, cream cheese and tarragon and blend into a puree form. Set aside
6) Dust a large chopping board with flour and roll out a thawed puff pastry patty shell to form a 8-inch circle.
7) In the centre of the pastry shell, place the stuffed chicken thigh.
8) Spoon 2 tablespoons of the garlic-cheese puree over the chicken thigh.
9) Apply a little water to the edged of the pastry shell so it folds together well. Gently bunch up the edges and crimp to seal the top.
10) Do the same for all the pastry shells and place them on a baking sheet.
11) Brush the top of the shells with a lightly beaten egg and bake for 25 minutes.
12) Serve the Herbed Cheese and Chicken In Puff Pastry as an appetizer or side dish.