1. Lightly grease a baking tray and pre-heat oven to 200°C (Gas Mark 6).
2. Lightly dust you work surface and rolling pin and roll out your pastry quite thin to about 3mm thickness.
3. Take a small round pastry cutter and carefully cut out crescent-shaped pieces of pastry.
4. Place on the baking tray, apply egg wash and allow to rest for 15 minutes. Apply egg wash again.
5. Put into the pre-heated oven and bake the pastry fleurons until golden brown.
6. Remove the pastry fleurons from the oven when cooked and cool on a wire cooling rack.
7. Serve with sauces or dips or use as desired.
Are you looking for a fancy appetizer dish that looks impressive, tastes really good but is simple to make? Then this video is just the thing for you. Watch and learn to bake the perfect vol au vent, a classic French appetizer that can also be served as a snack or even a side dish. Watch now to know more!