Salmon In Puff Pastry
|Salmon||2 Pound, skinned and filleted, cut into 2 pieces (1 Kilogram)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Bacon rashers||2 , chopped|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce, chopped (125 Gram)|
|Soft cheese with garlic and herbs||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Puff pastry||1 Pound, thawed if frozen (500 Gram)|
|Beaten egg||1 (To Glaze)|
1. Preheat the oven at 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6,
2. Prepare the salmons by seasoning the fillets on both sides.
3. In a frying pan, melt butter and fry bacon for about 5 minutes such that crisp.
4. Add mushrooms and fry stirring continuously for more 2 minutes such that soft.
5. Stir soft cheese, milk, salt and pepper as per taste and cook to mix well.
6. Remove from heat, let it cool and keep asdide.
7. On a rolling surface roll half of the pastry to the size of 2.5 cm / 1 inch around larger than the fish and on a greased baking sheet place it.
8. On the pastry, place a fish fillet in the center with the skinned side down.
9. Coat the cheese mixture over it and place another fillet with the skinned side up.
10. Using a little of the egg brush the edges of the pastry and using rolled remaining pastry cover the fish.
11. Trimming the edges of the pastry pinch and seal it.
12. Coat the top of the pie with beaten egg and arrange the strips in lattice design.
13. Using beaten egg brush the pie and bake for 35-40 minutes such that the pastry is crisp and golden.
14. Serve hot along with asparagus or courgettes or cold with a fresh green salad.
Calories 1075 Calories from Fat 596
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 66 g102.3%
Saturated Fat 16.5 g82.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 199.8 mg66.6%
Sodium 665.1 mg27.7%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g17.9%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 64 g127.2%
Vitamin A 16.1% Vitamin C 0.99%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 31.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet