|Sifted flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Solid shortening/Milk-free margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ice cold water||5 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2) In a large bowl, sift the flour and salt together.
3) Cut in 1/2 the shortening until the mixture resembles crumbs. Then cut in rest of the shortening.
4) Gradually add water, tossing gently until the mixture forms a ball.
5) On a floured surface, flatten the dough and roll to 1/8-inch thick.
6) In a pie plate, fit the rolled dough and prick all over.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, then allow to cool.
8) Use the pastry for one 9-inch pie crust or 4 to 6 tart shells.