Cherry Coconut Pastries
|Mix||1 Box (pastry)|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Flaked coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Maraschino cherries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2) Prepare the pastry as per the package directions, adding the sugar.
3) Press the pastry into a 9x9x2 inches pan and bake in the preheated oven at 425°F for 10 minutes.
4) Mix rest of the ingredients and pour into the pastry. Then bake in the preheated oven at 325°F for 35 minutes.
5) Allow to cool and cut out 3 x 1 1/4 inches bars.
6) Serve in a nice plate.