|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 325° F before baking.
2) Sift together the dry ingredients.
3) Mix butter, sugar and egg yolk and cream well.
4) Add in the sifted dry ingredients and vanilla.
5) Take a pan, spread the mixture on bottom of pan and press down well.
6) Beat the egg white till it becomes stiff and add in brown sugar, walnuts and coconut.
7) Spoon this egg white mixture over the egg yolk mixture and bake for 25 or 30 minutes.
8) Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
9) On cooling, cut in squares and use.