Cornwall Duck Pastry
|Sifted all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Corn meal||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Shortening||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Cold water||5 Tablespoon|
|Cooked duck||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced|
|Diced cooked carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onions||6 Medium, cooked|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned cream of celery||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 425° F.
2) Combine sifted flour, salt and coin meal.
3) Add shortening to cut in with 2 knives or pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
4) Pour in water and form dough by mixing with a fork.
5) Roll the dough to 1/8-inch thick and cut in 6 circles.
6) In a mixing bowl, add remaining ingredients and divide evenly into 6 individual greased baking dishes.
7) Place the pastry on top and press the edges to the rim with a fork.
8) Cut few slits on top and place inside oven to bake for 25 to 50 minutes or until browned and sauce bubbles through the slits.
9) Serve the pastry warm.