Cornwall Duck Pastry
|Sifted all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Corn meal||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Shortening||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Cold water||5 Tablespoon|
|Cooked duck||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced|
|Diced cooked carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onions||6 Medium, cooked|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned cream of celery||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 425° F.
2) Combine sifted flour, salt and coin meal.
3) Add shortening to cut in with 2 knives or pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
4) Pour in water and form dough by mixing with a fork.
5) Roll the dough to 1/8-inch thick and cut in 6 circles.
6) In a mixing bowl, add remaining ingredients and divide evenly into 6 individual greased baking dishes.
7) Place the pastry on top and press the edges to the rim with a fork.
8) Cut few slits on top and place inside oven to bake for 25 to 50 minutes or until browned and sauce bubbles through the slits.
9) Serve the pastry warm.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4891 Calories from Fat 2625
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 297 g456.3%
Saturated Fat 99.9 g499.7%
Trans Fat 18 g
Cholesterol 689.7 mg229.9%
Sodium 7773.1 mg323.9%
Total Carbohydrates 433 g144.2%
Dietary Fiber 45.5 g182%
Sugars 83.7 g
Protein 134 g267.7%
Vitamin A 124.4% Vitamin C 221.4%
Calcium 59.4% Iron 118.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet