|Single crust pie||1|
|Flour||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs), sifted|
|Corn oil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
|Double crust pie||1|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Corn oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cold water||3 Tablespoon|
1) Take a clean bowl and mix flour and salt in it.
2) With the help of a fork, blend in corn oil and stir continuously to mix it in thoroughly.
3) Splash some water on the top of this mixture and press well with hands to form a ball. If the dough seems dry, add 1 or 2 tablespoons of corn oil.
4) To make single crust, take a wax paper and cut it into 2 circles of 12 inches each.
5) Flatten the dough and place it between the 2 wax papers and roll out a 12 inch circle. make sure to wipe the work surface to prevent the wax paper from slipping.
6) Remove the upper wax paper and in a pie pan place the pastry circle with paper side up.
7) Tear off the wax paper from the pastry circle fit it loosely into the pan.
8) Trim off the pastry from the edges 1/2 inch beyond the rim of the pie pan and flute the edges.
9) Prick pie and bake it in hot oven (450°F) for 12 to 15 minutes or till it is lightly browned. If a filling is to be used then do not prick the pie, fill it up first and then bake it according to the filling used.
10) To make double crust, divide the dough (from step 3) into two equal halves. Flatten one part slightly, roll it out and place it in the pie pan.
11) Fill it up with the desired ingredients and trim out edges if required.
12) Roll out the other half of dough and place it over the filling. Make sure to cut slits in pastry or poke it to allow steam to escape through it during baking.
13) Trim off the edges approximately 1/2 inch beyond the rim of the pan. Seal the edges of both crusts together and flute.
14) Bake, according to the filling used.
6) Allow the pie to cool down before serving.