|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon (Royal)|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
1) Pre-heat the oven to the required temperature.
2) In a bowl, sift the flour with salt and baking powder. Rub in the shortening with the tips of your fingers.
3) Pour in cold water very slowly, just enough to hold the dough together. Remember; do not knead the dough or work on it. Divide the coarse dough into two portions.
4) On a slightly floured board, roll out one dough portion. Use is as to layer as the bottom crust of a pie tin.
5) Fill the pie with a filling of your choice.
6) Roll out the the other dough portion. Use it to cover the pie. Press the edges firmly together.
7) Bake the pie for 15 minutes.
8) Serve the pastry warm along with cream.