Beef And Mushrooms In Puff Pastry
|Frozen puff pastry||8 3⁄4 Ounce (1/2 Of A 17 1/4 Ounce Package, 1 Sheet)|
|Nonstick cooking spray||1|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Red onion||1 Medium, cut into bite size pieces|
|Zucchini||2 Small, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced to make about 2 cups|
|Boneless beef sirloin steak||12 Ounce, cut 1/2 inch thick|
|Lower fat mushroom and wine gravy/Mushroom gravy||12 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Snipped marjoram/Thyme / 1 teaspoon dried marjoram / thyme, crushed||1 Tablespoon|
1. Thaw pastry according to package directions. On a lightly floured surface, roll puff pastry sheet to a 14-inch square. Cut into 4 equal squares. Fill four 10-ounce casseroles or custard cups with crumpled foil; invert onto a large baking sheet. (The foil will raise the casserole dish off the baking sheet and make a deeper pastry shell.) Spray outsides of cups with nonstick spray coating.
2. Drape pastry squares over inverted cups, pinching sides to fit around the cups.
3. Bake pastry squares in a 375° oven for 20 minutes or till golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for several minutes. Carefully pull the shells from the outsides of the casseroles. Invert shells onto individual plates.
4. Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick coating. Stir-fry garlic for 15 seconds; add onion and stir-fry 1 minute more. Add the zucchini; stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes more or till vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove the vegetables from the skillet.
5. Add the beef to the hot skillet; stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes or to desired doneness. Return vegetables to the skillet. Add the gravy, marjoram or thyme, and pepper; cook and stir about 1 minute more or till heated through. Carefully spoon beef and vegetable mixture into each baked pastry shell.