|Plain white flour||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Unsalted butter||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Use A Squeeze)|
|Cold water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (To Mix)|
1. In a large mixing bowl, sieve the flour along with salt.
2. Cut ¼ the fat into small cubes and add to the flour.
3. Using your fingertips, rub the flour and fat until all the fat has been mixed with the flour. The mixture will have a sandy texture like breadcrumbs.
4. Add cold water and lemon juice to the mixture.
5. Using a pallet knife or a spatula, stir the mixture and bring together, to resemble a cookie dough.
6. Transfer the dough to a floured work surface and knead very lightly to bind the mixture and make a soft pliable dough.
7. Form the dough into a brick.
8. In a mixing bowl cream the remaining butter with a pallet knife until soft. Divide into 6 equal portions.
9. Use a lightly floured rolling pin to roll the dough out into a large rectangle, 12X6 inches with a thickness of ¼ inch.
10. Using the tip of a pallet knife, divide the rectangle into 3 equal parts, without cutting the dough
11. Spread 1 portion of the butter on to the dough. Fold bottom third up and top third down. Seal at the open edges.
12. Turn the pastry, keeping the sealed edges at the top and bottom and at the right hand side.
13. Cover the pastry with clean wrap and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
14. Remove from refrigerator and repeat rolling and folding with the remaining 5 portions of butter, resting the pastry for 10 minutes between each rolling.
15. Cover the pastry dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or until required.
16. Roll the dough on a floured work surface and use as required. Chill the dough after shaped for 30 minutes before baking
17. Give the pastry an egg wash with a brush before you bake it. This will ensure a nice golden color.