Puff Pastry Cheese Twists
|Onion soup mix||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope Lipton Golden)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Frozen puff pastry sheets||17 1⁄4 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Pastry sheets||5 , thawed|
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F
2. Line 2 baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine soup mix, cheese and spices. Set aside for later.
4. Dust a clean work surface with flour.
5. Unfold 1 pastry sheet and sprinkle with prepared cheese seasoning. Layer another pastry sheet on top. Similarly layer the remaining pastry sheets alternating the cheese mix between each layer.
6. Using a well floured rolling pin, roll the layered pastry sheets into a 15 X 11 inch rectangle. Generously sprinkle the remaining cheese seasoning on the top most layer of the rolled pastry.
7. Using a pastry cutter or a sharp knife, cut the layered pastry into 30, ½ inch strips.
8. Lightly twist the pastry strips and arrange them on the baking sheets.
9. Place the baking sheets in the preheated oven and bake the pastry for 5 minutes.
10. Reduce the temperature to 350°F and bake for another 10 minutes or until the pastry straws have puffed up turned crisp and golden brown.
11. Remove the puffs from the oven and allow them to cool slightly.
12. Serve warm as a snack with tea.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2508 Calories from Fat 1307
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 144 g221.4%
Saturated Fat 41.4 g207%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.4 mg9.1%
Sodium 4600.5 mg191.7%
Total Carbohydrates 243 g80.9%
Dietary Fiber 18.2 g72.8%
Sugars 15.5 g
Protein 58 g115.1%
Vitamin A 62.1% Vitamin C 11.5%
Calcium 45.8% Iron 32.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet