Rough Puff Pastry
|All purpose flour||9 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Chilled butter||6 Ounce, diced (175 Gram)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Chilled water||4 Fluid Ounce (120 Milliliter)|
1. Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Add the butter and mix with your fingertips to coat the butter with flour.
2. Stir the lemon juice into the water, then add to the dry ingredients and mix in with a round-bladed knife to make a soft dough. Don't worry if the dough is slightly lumpy; the rolling and folding will gradually incorporate the fat.
3. Put the dough on to a lightly floured surface and knead for a few seconds to bring it together.
4. Roll out the pastry to a 30 x 10cm/ 12 x 4in rectangle. Fold the lower third over the centre and the top third over that. Seal the edges. Wrap in clear film (plastic wrap) and chill for 15 minutes.
5. Place the pastry on a lightly floured surface with the sealed edges at the top and bottom. Roll, fold and chill, as before, four more times. After this, the pastry is ready for use.