Roquefort Tart With Walnut Pastry
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram Or 2 Tablespoon)|
|Leeks||1 Pound, sliced (450 Gram)|
|Roquefort cheese||6 Ounce, sliced (175 Grams)|
|Double cream||8 Fluid Ounce (1 Cup Or 250 Milliliter, Heavy Cream)|
|Chopped fresh tarragon||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|For the pastry|
|All purpose flour||6 Ounce (175 Grams Or 1 1/2 Cup)|
|Soft dark brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||2 Ounce, diced (50 Grams Or 1/4 Cup)|
|Walnuts||3 Ounce, ground (75 Grams Or 3/4 Cup)|
|Lemon juice||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Chilled water||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
1. To make the pastry, sift the flour and 2.5ml/1/2 tsp salt into a bowl. Add some black pepper and the sugar. Rub or cut in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs, then add the ground walnuts and stir well. Add the lemon juice and chilled water and bind to form a dough. Gather the mixture into a ball, wrap in clear film (plastic wrap) and chill for 30-40 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/ Gas 5. Roll out the pastry and use to line a 21-23cm/8 1/2-9in loose-based flan tin (quiche pan).
3. Protect the sides of the pastry case with a thin strip of foil, prick the base all over with a fork and bake for about 15 minutes. Remove the foil and bake the pastry case for 10 minutes more until just firm to the touch. Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
4. To make the filling, melt the butter in a pan, add the leeks, then cover and cook for 10 minutes. Season and cook for a further 10 minutes until soft. Set aside to cool.
5. Spoon the leeks into the pastry case, spreading them evenly, and arrange the slices of Roquefort cheese on top. Beat the eggs with the cream in a small bowl, and season with plenty of black pepper. Beat in the tarragon and carefully pour the mixture into the pastry case, evenly covering the leek filling.
6. Bake the tart on the centre shelf of the oven for 30-40 minutes until the filling has risen and browned and become firm to the touch. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.