|Raisins||1 Ounce (25 Gram, 3 Tablespoon)|
|Olive oil||25 Milliliter (1 1/2 Tablespoon)|
|Fresh spinach||1 Pound, washed and chopped (450 Gram)|
|Canned anchovies||6 , drained and chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Pine nuts||1 Ounce, chopped (25 Gram, 1/3 Cup)|
|Puff pastry||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. To make the filling, soak the raisins in a little warm water for 10 minutes. Drain, then chop them roughly. Heat the oil in a large pan or wok and add the spinach, stir, then cover and cook over a low heat for about 2 minutes.
2. Remove the lid from the pan or wok, slightly raise the heat and let any liquid evaporate. Add the anchovies, garlic and salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute more. Remove the pan or wok from the heat, stir in the raisins and pine nuts, and set aside to cool.
3. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/ Gas 4. Roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface to a thickness of about 3mm/1/8in.
4. Using a 7.5cm/3in plain pastry cutter, cut out 20 rounds, re-rolling the dough as necessary. Place two teaspoons of the filling in the middle of each, then brush the edges with a little water.
5. Bring up the sides of the pastry and press the edges together to seal. Brush with some beaten egg. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes, or until golden.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2700 Calories from Fat 1687
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 189 g290.2%
Saturated Fat 25.4 g127.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 259.1 mg86.4%
Sodium 5016.3 mg209%
Total Carbohydrates 202 g67.5%
Dietary Fiber 17.7 g70.6%
Sugars 22.7 g
Protein 63 g125.3%
Vitamin A 855.8% Vitamin C 219.4%
Calcium 74.2% Iron 150.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet