Pastry cream is absolutely delicious and great for filling tarts, eclairs or other pastries. Here’s a step-by-step instructional video on how to make this treat. Enjoy!
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), hot
1. In a bowl, place egg yolks and sugar, beat for about 4 minutes until the consistency is creamy. Add cornstarch, beat until well accommodated.
2. While still beating, add hot milk a ladle full at a time. Transfer to a pot.
3. On low heat, stirring constantly, bring to a boil. The mixture will start curdling. Whisk vigorously until you have a smooth pudding like consistency. Add vanilla, rum, butter and cream, mix well.
4. In a bowl, transfer the mixture, cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate until cold.
5. Use this pastry cream to make delicious pastries.
As a home cook you often have to make recipes that require stuffing, filling and even though all this is readily available in the market, it is always wise to make it at home for better of the family and save money. Watch this video to learn making pastry cream filling.