|Flour||250 Gram (2 1/4 cups)|
|Chilled butter||225 Gram (1 cup)|
|Water||150 Milliliter (2/3 cup)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
1. Sift flour and salt in a large bowl.
2. Add 1/3 of the water, mix well, gradually add sufficient water to make a smooth dough. Taking care not to press the mixture forcibly together, knead lightly.
3. Wrap in plastic or greaseproof paper and place in the refrigerator.
4. Place chilled butter on a floured board. Cover with a large piece of greaseproof paper and top with a rolling pin to soften. Cut the butter in half. Place both the pieces together and again tap with the rolling pin, until the butter is pliable, but still cold.
5. Roll out the chilled dough into a large circle, size of a dinner plate. Place the butter in the centre and bring the dough over from the sides.
6. Fold over the ends towards centre. Give the pastry a half turn sideways and gently roll out to a rectangle, taking care not to roll over the ends.
7. Fold into thirds (like an envelope). Fold first lower part towards centre then fold the top part over the centre.
8. Seal edges with the rolling pin. Give the pastry a half turn, and roll and fold once more. Wrap in plastic or greaseproof paper and place in the refrigerator. Chill for 20 minutes.
9. Repeat the roll and fold process twice more, so the pastry is rolled 6 times. Each time, turn the pastry in same direction. Now the pastry is ready for use.
10. Can be stored for 2-3 days in refrigerator or deep freeze, wrapped wellwith plastic.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2523 Calories from Fat 1624
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 185 g284.5%
Saturated Fat 116 g579.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 483.8 mg161.3%
Sodium 1192.5 mg49.7%
Total Carbohydrates 191 g63.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 28 g55.5%
Vitamin A 112.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 9.2% Iron 64.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet