Almond Pastry Crescents
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 Sticks)|
|Ice water||4 Tablespoon|
|Canned almond paste||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground almonds||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|10x confectioners' powdered sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
1. Combine flour and salt in a medium-size bowl. Cut in butter or margarine with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Add ice water, a tablespoon at a time; combine with' a fork until mixture is moistened.
2. Shape pastry into a ball; wrap in wax paper. Refrigerate 1 hour.
3. Place almond paste in a small bowl; break up with a fork. Beat in egg, the 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar and ground almonds until mix ture is thoroughly combined. (Mix ture will be sticky.)
4. Turn almond mixture out onto a; lightly floured pastry cloth or board. Shape into a ball with floured hands.: Divide into thirds. Shape each third into a rope 1/2-inch thick and 16 inches long. (If mixture sticks, flour hands and surface lightly.) Cut eachi rope into 16 one-inch pieces; reserve.
5. Roll out pastry, a third at a time, to a 12-inch square on a lightly floured pastry cloth or board. Cut into 16 three-inch squares carefully with pastry wheel.
6. Place one piece of almond paste: diagonally across one corner of each pastry square. Lift the point over the paste and roll, jelly roll fashion. Pinch the ends enclosing the almond filling. Curve the pastry into a crescent.
7. Place, 1 inch apart, on ungreased cookie sheet.
8. Bake in hot oven (400°) 12 minutes, or until edges of cookies just begin to brown.
9. Place 10X sugar in a pie plate or on large sheet of wax paper. Place warm cookies, upside down, a few at a time, into sugar and coat, turning once or twice.
10. Place cookies on wire racks to cool completely. Store in wax-paper-separated layers in an airtight tin. Sprinkle with additional 10X sugar before serving.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4181 Calories from Fat 1855
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 210 g323.5%
Saturated Fat 120.7 g603.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 695.3 mg231.8%
Sodium 1263.3 mg52.6%
Total Carbohydrates 525 g174.9%
Dietary Fiber 14.5 g58.1%
Sugars 266.7 g
Protein 45 g90.9%
Vitamin A 117.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 25.4% Iron 90.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet