Brie In Puff Pastry
|Frozen puff pastry||17 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Brie wheel||2 1⁄4 Pound (1 Piece, 8 Inches In Diameter)|
|Seedless grapes||4 (Green / Red Colored, For Garnish)|
1. Let frozen puff pastry stand at room temperature 20 minutes to thaw slightly.
2. Unfold one sheet of pastry on lightly floured surface. With floured rolling pin, roll pastry to a 13" by 10" rectangle. Cut a 13" by 1 1/2 strip and an 8 1/2-inch circle from the rectangle. Repeat with remaining sheet of pastry.
3. In cup, with fork beat egg yolk and water.
4. Preheat oven to 425°F. Place one pastry circle on ungreased cookie sheet; center Brie on pastry circle. Brush side of Brie with some yolk mixture. Wrap the two long pastry strips around side of Brie; press strips firmly against Brie so they stay in place. Brush pastry strips with some yolk mixture.
5. Place second pastry circle on top of Brie. Press edges of circles to pastry strips to seal Brie completely in pastry.
6. With tip of knife, score top of pastry with 1-inch squares. Then brush top and side of pastry with remaining yolk mixture. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, until pastry is golden brown.
7. Refrigerate Brie about 1 hour, until it is at room temperature (if served hot, cheese will be too soft and runny). Or, if made early in day, keep Brie refrigerated. About 2 hours before serving, remove Brie from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature to soften to serving consistency.