This Hot Water Pastry is an innovative and simple recipe that strikes you with its addictive taste. Trust me, the Hot Water Pastry is my secret behind the irresistible tart and pies I create at home. Try them!
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (plus 1 tbsp)
All purpose flour
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted
1. Sift and measure flour.
2. Add the baking powder, salt and sift together twice.
3. Chop the shortening in a separate bowl.
4. Add boiling water to shortening and stir until well mixed.
5. Add flour mixture and combine thoroughly.
6. Chill before rolling.
7. Roll dough and cut for tart shells or fit into pie plate.