Halloween Pumpkin Potage
|Kabocha squash||400 Gram (Japanese Pumpkin)|
|Chicken bouillon||200 Milliliter|
|Whipping cream||3 Tablespoon|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
1. Scrape out the seeds from the pumpkin with the help of a spoon.
2. Remove the skin by placing the pumpkin on the cutting board.
3. Cut the pumpkin into medium block sized pieces.
4. Slice the onion and keep them aside.
5. Take a big vessel and heat the butter in it.
6. Add the sliced onion to the butter and sauté on medium heat until lightly browned.
7. Add the pumpkin pieces and continue sautéing for 2-3 minutes.
8. Add water to the pumpkin. Crumble the chicken bouillon and add to the pumpkin mixture.
9. Bring the mixture to boil on high heat.
10. Cover the vessel and simmer for 10 minutes on low heat.
11. Turn off the heat when the pumpkin is soft enough to be mashed.
12. Add the milk and mash the pumpkin with a hand blender until creamy and smooth.
13. Turn on the heat and heat the potage while stirring occasionally.
14. Add the whipping cream, salt and pepper. Mix well and turn off the heat.
15. In a serving bowl, pour the potage.
16. Sprinkle pepper and top with crumbled crackers before serving.