Learn how to make homemade apple puree for infants without any added flavors or preservatives. Perfect for weaning, apple is nutritious for your baby. Feeding baby apple puree is a great introduction to solid food. Enjoy this apple puree recipe.
400 Gram, sliced
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
1⁄2 Teaspoon (Optional)
1. Pour the water into a cooking pan and add the apples.
2. Bring the apples to a simmer, and poach for around 8-10 minutes or until soft, stirring occasionally..
3. Remove to a bowl and mash. The peel will usually separate when you mash the apple. Just take it out to avoid a chunky puree. If using a blender or an electric masher, then you need not remove the peel as it will be pureed).
4. Continue to mash until the apple consistency is smooth and creamy.
5. Spoon into a small container for easy storage. Make sure container is sterilized.
6. Refrigerate until required.
7. Make sure you leave the puree to cool to a suitable temperature before feeding your baby.
You can add a little lemon juice while boiling to prevent the apples from browning.
You can add a little sugar if the apples are too tart.