Fresh Homemade Pumpkin Puree
|Fresh pumpkin||4 Pound|
1. Rinse a 3-4 pound pumpkin.
2. Cut the pumpkin in half.
3. Scoop out the seeds.
4. Preheat the oven at 375 degrees.
5. Fill a baking pan with about 1/2-inch to 3/4-inch of water
6. Place the pumpkin halves cut-side down on to the pan and cover with aluminum foil.
7. Roast the pumpkin for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until the pumpkin is soft to the touch and the flesh is meltingly tender.
8. Let the pumpkin cool for about an hour.
9. Once the pumpkin has cooled, scoop out the flesh and place it into a mixing bowl.
10. With an immersion blender, puree the pumpkin until smooth.
11. Now take this fresh pumpkin puree and make your favorite pumpkin recipe
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 472 Calories from Fat 15
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.8%
Saturated Fat 0.94 g4.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 18.1 mg0.8%
Total Carbohydrates 118 g39.3%
Dietary Fiber 9.1 g36.3%
Sugars 24.7 g
Protein 18 g36.3%
Vitamin A 2679.9% Vitamin C 272.1%
Calcium 38.1% Iron 80.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet