Take advantage of all of these pumpkins this time of year and stock your freezer with fresh pumpkin puree.
Fresh pumpkin puree has a TON of health benefits.
I normally buy the canned pumpkin puree but this year I was in the mood for trying something different. Homemade pumpkin puree is super easy to make and can last in the freezer for up to a year.
2 Small (pie pumpkins)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cut off the tip of the pumpkin and slice it into half.
3. Scoop out the seeds (save it for later use).
4. Bake for 1 hour or till the flesh is soft.
5. Remove from oven and let it cool till it can be handled.
6. Scrape out the soft flesh and transfer into a blender and blend till smooth.
7. Use this puree to make recipes like pie, desserts etc or put in a freezer bag or air tight container and store in the freezer for over a year.
Probably this is the most basic thing that everyone needs to learn – Pumpkin Puree. The Holidays are here, so you'll need to have this handy at all times. Watch and learn how to make this puree from this video! Enjoy!
Calories 173 Calories from Fat 6
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.67 g1%
Saturated Fat 0.35 g1.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 6.7 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.3%
Sugars 9.1 g
Protein 7 g13.3%
Vitamin A 984.7%
Vitamin C 100%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Fresh Pumpkin Puree (Way Too Easy To Use A Can) Recipe Video