Swede And Carrot Puree
|Cooked carrots||8 Ounce|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Single cream||4 Tablespoon|
1) In cold water, wash the swede well.
2) Remove and discard a slice from the bottom of the swede. Do not peel.
3) In a medium sized bowl, place the swede and add enough water to reach 1-inch up the sides.
4) Then cover tightly and on high power, cook for 10 minutes. Turn the swede over halfway through the cooking. Let stand for 5 minutes.
5) Gently remove the swede. Insert a sharp knife in the cut end and test if it is tender. Cook for 5 more minutes, if required. Do not discard the cooking water until the swede is cooked to your satisfaction.
6) On a board, put the swede, flat side facing down.
7) With a sharp knife and fork, peel the swede gently.
8) Then, dice the flesh and in a blender, puree the pieces with the carrots.
9) Add salt and pepper to taste.
10) Return the mixture to the bowl and on high power, cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.
11) Stir in the cream to the Swede and Carrot Puree and serve immediately.