Charred Carrot Puree
|Unsalted butter||6 Tablespoon|
|Safflower oil/Corn oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Carrots||3 Pound, sliced 1/4 inch thick|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a large heavy skillet, add 2 tablespoons of butter in oil.
2) Melt the butter over high heat.
3) Add the carrots and toss to coat evenly.
4) Continue to cook, by frequent stirring, for 20 to 25 minutes or until they begin to char around the edges.
5) In a food processor, place the carrots. Add the remaining 4 tablespoons butter, the lemon juice, salt, pepper and milk.
6) Process the ingredients to make a smooth puree.
7) Serve the puree hot and use as a dip for chips or fries.
The puree can be made up to 1 day ahead; reheat over hot water in a double boiler.