|Butter||1⁄4 Pound, melted (1/2 Cup)|
|Heavy cream||4 Tablespoon|
|Madeira||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Or More)|
|Bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs), buttered|
|Buttered bread crumbs||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In just enough boiling salted water, put the parsnips and allow them to cook, covered, for about 20 to 40 minutes or till tender. Ensure that the parsnips are not overcooked.
3) Drain the cooked parsnips and immediately plunge them in cold water. Cooling the parsnips will allow easy peeling.
4) Remove the skins. Through a food mill or a the puree attachment of an electric mixer, put the parsnips.
5) Combine together the puree, salt, sugar, butter, cream and Madeira.
6) With a large spoon or an electric mixer, whip the ingredients together and spoon the mixture into a 1-quart baking dish.
7) Dot with some butter, sprinkle with the buttered breadcrumbs and bale for about 30 minutes in the preheated oven.
8) Serve hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2289 Calories from Fat 1055
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 120 g185%
Saturated Fat 73.2 g365.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 326 mg108.7%
Sodium 2533.7 mg105.6%
Total Carbohydrates 287 g95.6%
Dietary Fiber 68.3 g273.1%
Sugars 73.5 g
Protein 25 g49%
Vitamin A 74.3% Vitamin C 386.2%
Calcium 63.1% Iron 55.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet