Tahini Sauce For Chick Pea Patties
|Sesame seeds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tahini||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
1. In a food processor or liquidizer jar with the blending blade attached, combine all the ingredients.
2. Place the lid on top and pulse the mixture in 3 or 4 bursts to blend the ingredients well to form a thick and smooth paste.
3. If the paste is very thick and sesame has not blended well, add a little more water and blend for 30 seconds more.
4. Adjust seasoning to your taste.
5. Serve as an accompaniment to chick pea patties.
6. You can also use this as a dip and serve with crackers, toasted pita bread, tortilla chips or vegetable sticks.