Oriental Hot Kakiage Soba
|Dried soba noodles||2 17⁄20 Ounce (80 gram)|
|Boil water||2 Liter (8 1/2 cup)|
|For soba tsuyu|
|Soba soup base||60 Milliliter (1/4 cup, x 4 concentrate)|
|Water||240 Milliliter (1 cup)|
|Sweet potato||3⁄4 Ounce (20 gram)|
|Carrot||7⁄20 Ounce (10 gram)|
|Green beans||3⁄4 Ounce (200 gram)|
|Onion||3⁄4 Ounce (20 gram)|
|Tempura flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Shichimi||To Taste (Seven Flavor Chili Pepper)|
1. Slice the sweet potato into ¼ inch slices. Then chop them into ¼ inch strips.
2. Slice the carrot into ¼ inch slices. Then chop them into ¼ inch strips.
3. Chop off the ends of the green beans and trim off the other end.
4. Cut the beans into 2 inch.
5. Slice the onion into ¼ inch slices.
6. To prepare batter for mixed tempura, sift the tempura flour into a bowl.
7. Add cold water and stir lightly.
8. Take the vegetables in a bowl. Add ½ tbsp tempura flour and toss to coat evenly.
9. Dip the vegetable strips into the tempura batter.
10. Toss to coat well.
11. Deep fry the vegetables at 340 degree Fahrenheit.
12. Place the vegetables in a wooden spatula and slid them into the oil keeping the vegetables together.
13. Deep fry them until both sides become golden brown.
14. Drain excess oil and place them on a baking rack for cooling.
NOODLE SOUP DIRECTION
1. Measure the soba soup base in volume.
2. Dilute the soup with water.
3. Warm up the noodle soup in a pot.
SOBA NOODLE DIRECTION
1. Pre heat the noodle bowl with hot water.
2. Place a bundle of soba noodles in a large pot of boiling water.
3. Gently separate the noodles evenly.
4. When it comes to boil, reduce the heat to low.
5. Let the noodles circulate in boiling water.
6. Drain the water and wash the noodles in running water.
7. Reheat the noodle soup.
8. Immerse the noodles in icy water to improve the texture.
9. Drain the noodles well with a kitchen towel.
10. Pour hot water onto the soba noodles to warm them up. Drain the noodles again with a kitchen towel.
11. Transfer the noodles to the pre heated bowl and transfer the hot soba noodle soup over the noodles.
12. Place 2 pieces of kakiage over the noodles.
13. Finally, sprinkle seven flavor chili pepper over the noodles.
Calories 472 Calories from Fat 205
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.7%
Saturated Fat 3 g15.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2554.3 mg106.4%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.6%
Sugars 8.7 g
Protein 11 g21.2%
Vitamin A 46.7% Vitamin C 2.2%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 10.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet