Pasta Putenesca from 'Night of Italiano'
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), divided|
|Fresh asparagus spears||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pasta||2 Cup (32 tbs), partially cooked|
1. In a large saute pan over high heat, add ¼ cup of water. Bring to a boil, then add asparagus spears and salt. Steam for 2 minutes.
2. When the water is almost evaporated, add pasta and stir well. Lower the heat, add some more water, then add 2/3 of sauce and stir thoroughly. Let it simmered for a few minutes. Add in the remaining sauce and stir again.
3. Reduce the heat and check the consistency of the pasta. Add additional sauce if necessary.
4. Garnish the pasta with grated parmesan cheese.
5. Serve the Pasta Puttanesca along with fresh basil on top.