Another express summer recipe by Deb, using typical Mediterranean ingredients: the pasta salad with eggplant and sun-dried tomatoes.
Ricotta salata cheese
20 Gram, grated
Extra virgin olive oil
1 Clove (5 gm)
1. Cut the eggplants into circles about 1/10 inch (3 mm) thick.
2. Soften the sun-dried tomatoes by soaking in hot water for 5 minutes; when they have softened, cut into strips.
3. In a pan with oil, sauté garlic, chili pepper, spring onion, until brown.
4. Add the eggplants and salt to taste; cook the eggplants with a ladle of hot water, then add the sun-dried tomatoes.
5. When the eggplants have softened, add the roughly chopped basil leaves.
6. In a small nonstick pan, toast the pine nuts.
7. Boil the pasta in plenty of salted water. Drain the pasta keeping a little cooking water.
8. Toss the pasta along with the sauted vegetables and the pasta water.
9. Fold in the toasted pine nuts and the grated ricotta salata cheese.