This is one of the quickest and easiest recipes we have done here at Amateur Kitchen. This is perfect for a quick weeknight meal, for an on-the-go college student or easy pasta dish while camping.
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (packed in oil)
Green olives/Kalamata olive
6 Ounce, pimentos removed
1 , zested, juiced
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (one handful)
Red pepper flakes
1⁄2 Teaspoon (Optional)
Extra virgin olive oil
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
Salt and pepper
2 Tablespoon, freshly grated
1. In a large pot, over high flame boil water.
2. Add salt and drop linguine noodles in it. Cook following the package directions.
3. Meanwhile, for pesto, in a food processor, add sun dried tomatoes, green olives, lemon zest, lemon juice, basil, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
4. Pulse, and gradually pour extra virgin olive oil in it.
5. Taste and adjust seasoning of salt and pepper.
6. In a large serving bowl, combine noodles and sauce. Toss well.
7. Ladle little paste water into the bowl to thicken the sauce. Mix.
8. Sprinkle grated Parmesan, and serve linguine hot.
If you are a non-vegetarian, add chicken or sausage to your linguine.